Sunday, March 16, 2014

Post cancer!

Yippee!!!

Our faith and our prayers are being answered. Starting last Monday, I have turned a corner, and I feel like myself again! Strength has returned to my body. I still am doing a lot of healing, so I need to be careful to rest every day, HOWEVER, I was able to go into work at UBC for TWO (part) days last week! OK, there was a lot of hugging and celebration involved, but I did some work. It is so wonderful to be back with my students and colleagues - I feel blessed and happy to be able to do my work! The photo was taken on Thursday, just a few days ago, with my pal Ingrid.

Both of my acupuncturists noticed the shift in my health. Dr Lee, being so very astute, commented that I now "walk like a model".  The lovely Jennifer summed it up by saying "up until now, the good Chi and the bad Chi have been battling, but now the good Chi is stronger than the bad Chi".

This really matches my experience, because I feel good. I am able to sleep better but I still have to work on putting on some weight (this is a new experience for me). The most miraculous thing happened on Monday - my legs returned to being muscular in the course of one day - the muscle tone and firmness sprang back! Life is winning.

It's been miraculous for our family. With more energy and more of me available, it's possible for all of us to look forward to a brighter future.

What's important is that I am still on the path of recovery. I know in my heart and with every fibre of my being that all your prayers, meditations and visualizations on my behalf have been what is making this possible. My fear is that you may take this as a sign to stop, but I am urging you to keep going, please. Keep going on my behalf. I need you all.  I am having my "surrogate surgery" at 10:00am on Thursday April 3rd and I ask for your support at that time.

With love and gratitude in my heart
Nancy

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't be more delighted to hear this thrilling news Nancy! We'll keep those prayers and visualizations coming!!
    Love, Shirley Vollett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Nancy, I have been following your blogs and any news about you that I can get at church... I have been holding you and your family, particularly Gemma, ever so gently and delicately in my heart. I think about you every day. When I first found out that you were sick my heart sank. They were very dark and sad days but slowly slowly, the light has been pouring in and I have such a strong sense that you'll come out of this healthy and radiant. I have been praying for you in my own way... I see you radiant and happy and healthy. Much love, Nancy, and much love to beautiful Gemma as well as Andrew. Gyata
    PS. Sorry we haven't gotten on the list for meals - we've had an extremely busy few months and just now have time to figure out how to leave comments here (Spring Break).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour ma BELLE-soeur,
    What a wonderful message full of your joy of life and joy of getting back to your YOU. You are beautiful inside and out. I look forward to joining you in mind on April 3rd, when another miraculous chapter in your recovery will, of this I am sure, be added.
    Gros bisous,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Nancy: This is Wendy from Andrew's recent study group. I am continuing to pray everyday for your full and speedy recovery and was so happy to see your beautiful and full of energy face at work last week. Your spirit is stronger than the cancer cells and that is what perhaps this lesson is all about. I love you and your family very much.... prayers for the April "surgery" will continue. Love and Hope

    Wendy Hall

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, i read this from my office with tears of joy! I just knew it! You are a role model for me and it is simply not possible that a cancer can get you!
    What the mind can concieve, it can achieve. So i see you swimming with me at pauline's ,lake next summer, i see you at your daughter 's graduation and of course back in Constance kitchen.
    Sorry , i can not go for a run with you, you are too fast. But of course , you are much older than me!! hi hi!
    I am sending waves and tsunamis of joy, laughs and inner peace.
    This dark cloud will pass .
    I have absolute faith.
    Cousine Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, this is wonderful news!! I am thrilled. You go girl. I will keep praying and holding you in the white light of love. BIGhugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sylvie (Nini) Rostoker- ShipmanMarch 19, 2014 at 10:55 AM

    Hi Nancy,
    Nini here,yellow house across the alley from Heather on 39th Ave.
    I have just read your blog and am so happy that you are feeling so much better.I have been silently praying for you from when I heard that you were ill,and to know that you have the love and support of so many people.Keep up the good fight for your life,we expect to see you at the street barbeques for years to come.Eric and I send bundles of love to you,Andrew,and Gemma.Happy to make you some nutritious meals,where do I sign up?
    Avec amour,
    Nini

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am smiling at this news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Nancy, how FANTASTIC to hear that you are healing and feeling your wellness returning . You are a true miracle. We just returned from Kauai and sent our daily Aloha to you from that beautiful place. We saw Ebeth and Adrian and visited "Auntie Angeline" with them and sang Hawaiian songs, it was lovely. I think of you and we send our love daily. We have a little candle with angel wings that we light daily at meals. It is your candle and burns brightly with your continued growth in health.

    Lots of Love
    Gail and Rod and Leah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Nancy, Gemma and Andrew
    It was so inspiring to read your last post! I am so happy for you all to know that joy and hope are present and alive on your path towards healing. I will continue to hold you all, and all those who love you in the tender embrace love and light...

    ReplyDelete