Sunday, February 23, 2014

Post conventional approaches

Dear loved ones,

I send a hearty thank you to one and all. THANK YOU for including our family in your thoughts and prayers, for including me in your visualizations of my immune system working well, thank you for bringing delicious meals and helping with errands - all of this is holding our family together. Sometimes, at night, when I can't sleep, I lay in bed and I know that at that moment, somewhere in the world, one of you is sending love and praying. I am eternally grateful to each and every one.

It has been a roller-coaster ride since I last posted, two weeks ago. The first week was filled with energy and triumphs. I went to restorative yoga with my dear Toni (see photo as I am about to leave for the class), and last Monday I was able to drive myself to UBC for several hours of "work" (photo of me with Gemma as I'm heading out). It was a greeting/hugging love-fest that was very nourishing for me and for my faculty and students too.


This past week has been more challenging. I attempted to make an adjustment in my pain medication, which resulted in more...pain! I have now switched back. The lesson in this time has been to create an opportunity to include ALL of the emotions that are within me. Andrew and I have been practicing allowing room for our fear to be. We're finding that breathing light equally into all aspects of this experience is part of the gift. It also helps me to know that at times when my fears get the best of me, there is you, holding the vision and light for me to be well. Thank you.

My heart is filled with gratitude and love for all of you.

4 comments:

  1. Daaaaaling, you look simply mmmaaarveleous. What beautiful pictures and radiant smiles! Thank you for taking the time to brighten my Monday morning with your post.
    Ta belle soeur XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy.....thank you for posting even though you are going through challenging times. I loved seeing the photos and seeing your positive energy shining through. We are here with you every day.....I am not surprised that you can feel all the love and vibes rushing at you from all around the world .... I am surprised that the waves don't knock you over...... keep the pain away and just let the waves of love and affection keep coming........ Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photographs! So lovely to see you and Toni and Gemma ;-) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you know only geniuses can figure out the encrypted "words" we have to type! Gawd - sometimes I have to try three times.....

    ReplyDelete